Saturday, September 8, 2012

18 weeks & kicking

Here is a photo of me at 18 weeks! This week I am feeling a lot of light baby kicks here and there - mostly, right after I eat. I imagine the babies are communicating with me, "Thanks for that yummy food, Mom!!" A lot of people told me the movement would feel like "butterflies" but Joan M. described it exactly how I feel it - "like someone is flicking me with their finger from the inside". Sometimes it surprises me but most of the time it's subtle enough to be a really pleasant reminder that the babies are doing well. I am pretty sure I feel Baby A moving more than Baby B, but that's probably due to where they are located. I'm feeling pretty great overall. I had an acupuncture appointment yesterday. I've been going to acupuncture regularly since April. Susan my acupuncturist has helped get my body ready for the embryo transfer process, the pregnancy, and she has also worked wonders to help me feel my best during this process.  I always leave her practice feeling very refreshed and ready to tackle the next set of adjustments coming my way.


3 comments:

  1. hi again i am so happy that you posted again!!!!! i forgot to post the day you put it up so i am doing it now!!!!!! i can not wait for the next post!!!!!


    love,
    francesca :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are so so cute! Your have a darling little belly. And feeling the kicks are the BEST feelings ever. I would say to Will "I am sorry you don't get to feel Max say hello to you all day long..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. those first little kicks are the best. I use to lay in bed at night, almost holding my breath so I cold make sure I felt them. And I agree that its like someone flicking you from inside. Soon enough it will be like someone punching and kicking you from inside, because thats what they will do. I swore ellery was going to kick her way out! You are still the cutest preggo lady I've seen, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete